Thursday, January 13, 2011




Carmen Moreno's Shop ~ Carmen Moreno Photography, Her Website ~ Carmen Moreno Photography, Her Flickr ~ Carmen Moreno, Her Blog ~ Carmen Moreno Tumblr

Introducing the amazingly talented Carmen Moreno! Oh, such loveliness! Carmen has a unique style with beautiful tones, great perspective, and has such a wide range of subjects that she photographs. From vintage cameras to city skyscrapers, she's one gifted photographer. Can you tell I love her work?

Here's a bit more about Carmen in her own words:

"I'm a self-taught photographer, my father was a professional photographer and he taught me some tricks as well as pointing out two very important rules, not only for photography, but for life tout court:

#1 "Create, don't copy."

#2 "Technique must serve inspiration."

I consider myself a professional dreamer and an addict to retro and vintage photography.

My inspiration often comes from my personal inner world: my feelings, fears and beliefs; all of these fueled by music, books and sometimes movies."


**************************

What inspires you about Carmen's photography? What can you learn from what she writes in her profile (above)?

14 comments:

  1. Okay, I am just going to flat out admit it:

    "Technique must serve inspiration."

    is confusing to me. Carmen, can you give an explanation of this? I even googled it without success.

    I love your photography - and you are obviously talented and driven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessa, thanks so much for your comment..

    First: my apologized for my english, it's terrible!! but i'm gonna try to explain about it. :)

    Technique always is important in all that you learn, but, one you're already with this, you can "play with it", I mean, when you avoid break rules, you could be very rigid and this way to make art don't let be free to express yourself.
    I hope I've clarified :)


    Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Carmen's work! she is SO creative, but so, so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drop!
    Very, very good!
    http://sleep-ak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really love Carmen's work, I'm so happy with this featured, really well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! I love the composition and effects of her photos so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Creative, I love to see self taught photographer do so well, it gives me hope that I'm not a total loss yet!
    Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her photography has a dreamlike quality and I find that I am most drawn to soft, ethereal photos. She has this absolutely mastered. I dream of taking photos like this someday!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her perspective and composition inspires me most

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for all those words, i'm very happy reading how you see my photography and how much like it.
    Thank you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carmen (Mimi for her friends) is exquisite ♥
    Vicki, you've chosen one of my favorite Mimi's photos, the one with the flowers in her hair.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some really lovely pictures with very creative composition and a lovely meaning behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like this sentence: 'create, don't copy'. it's so very very difficult, but i think being original is essential if we are to stay happy with what we create!
    have a lovely weekend vicki, hope you returned safely from the mall =)
    t,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carmen is amazing!
    She is incredibly talented and such a great person. Her work is really inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki