Tuesday, December 11, 2012

HANDMADE BY ... PAPILLION DREAMS


I'm so excited about a new sponsor here on Simply Hue!  Suzanne, an artist and fashion designer, is the owner of Papillion Dreams.  She creates these exquisite crochet ornaments, decorative pillows, and one-of-a-kind handbags created from her original collages.

Here's what Suzanne says about her process (so nice of her to share it with the world!):

"The process is pretty simple – lots of magazine clippings, glue, and time to bring them together. After the glue has dried, I scan the collage into the handy-dandy computer where I tweak it and get rid of the bits that I don’t want. Then voila it is ready to print for the project of the moment. The prints for the bag are inkjet printed on special cotton and heat set to avoid future bleeding. While the prints are reproduced in a number of items – each individual item is unique and not created in multiples."

Oh, and by the way, I happen to be the proud new owner of 12 of her beautiful crochet ornaments.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki