Monday, January 30, 2012

Handcrafted Masks by Sundries and Plunder


How cool are these? I'm not sure if I'd actually wear one but I think they would look awesome as a decoration in my home or even as a photo prop.

These unique leather masks are made-to-order by two sisters from Portland Oregon. Their Etsy shop is called Sundries and Plunder and it's such a fun spot on the web to visit!

I love this short paragraph I took from their Etsy profile page:

"Between being raised by creative parents and the need to stay entertained during the Pacific Northwest's long rainy season, it was probably inevitable that we would become two insatiable crafters."

I live in the Pacific Northwest, too, and completely agree with their theory. Being indoors for a large percentage of the year motivates you to be creative (or lose your mind). Thanks for the inspiration, Marlo and Chelsea! :)

3 comments:

  1. you are so talented! your pics are so impressive, congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have a few of their masks, I use them for photoshoots. They are even more amazing in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Phoebe. I'll have to take a look at your photos! It seems like it would be fun to use these masks in a photo
      shoot. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki