Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Repurposed Vintage Globes






I think Wendy Gold had a genius creative idea when she came up with ImagineNations globes! Wendy uses hand-cut, recycled materials to decoupage the surface of old world globes and does this right out of her home art studio in the Sanfrancisco Bay area where she resides with her dog, Slim.

Do you have a creative and somewhat "out there" creative idea swimming around in your head? I encourage you to pursue it! Some of our zaniest ideas become the things that we're most proud of and that other people love. :)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the adventure one!! That's my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true what you say Vicki!
    These globes are really original.
    Not really my style but I love the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or this re-interpretation: http://www.f4fabulousblog.com/2011/10/vintage-globe-centerpiece-for-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool. When i was a child my grandmother had this old globe in her bedroom. it was a lamp and my favorite thing to do was turn it on and find places on it! WOW. I hadn't thought about that in years. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful! love the 'adventure waits' one best!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki