Monday, March 21, 2011

Simple and Fun Project from Style Me Pretty





Well, happy Monday! How was your weekend? This one seemed to go by extra fast, but I was happy that I was able to get a few things checked off my to-do list and spend a nice day with my husband on Saturday.

We drove to Kirkland, Washington to wander around the area we hope to live in one day. The investment condo we own is right next to Lake Washington and it's such a "happenin" kind of place. We've lived in small town USA for over 12 years now, and even though I'm a country girl at heart, I think it will be such a nice change when/if we do move there. Our condo (in case you're curious) is called Portsmith Condominiums and is in located in the heart of Kirkland. It's surrounded by great restaurants, coffee shops, antique stores, parks, and theatres....a big change from what I'm used to, but I think I'm ready for a big change.

The other thing I love about this area is that everywhere you look there are people jogging, walking, riding bikes, kyaking, sailboating....living life to the fullest. I'm all about that. ;)

To move on, I wanted to let you know that my creativity e-course is really coming along! Artist interviews came pouring in over the weekend and I can hardly wait to share them with students! If you're signed up for e-mail updates, I'll be sending an update out in a couple of days.

Wow, I'm really babbling on today...sorry about that! I better leave atleast a little blurb about the above photos. lol. This is a fairly simple craft I found on Style Me Pretty. It's from a couple of years ago so maybe you've already seen it? Anyways, I think I'd like to try it. Wouldn't these pinwheels be pretty sewn together as a banner and stretched across a mantel? And, of course, they'd be perfect for decorating tables/chairs at a reception dinner. For a tutorial on how to make these beauties, take a look HERE.

Have a great new week sweet friends! Thanks for listening to my ramble. xo

3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous craft! I would love to live in the city, like most other teens around here. Small English villages are beautiful, but I think being able to catch up with friends somewhere other than a decrepit bench would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, you're funny. lol. I know what you mean. I think I've driven every country road (which I love to do) atleast a thousand times! I'll be back for lots of visit, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, great idea. Realy lovely paperflowers! ♥
    Evi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki