Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Inspired

Collage by Wild Goose Chase

This collage by Wild Goose Chase inspires me. It inspires me to try something new and to let myself go in a creative sense. I can imagine that creating a collage would be very therapeutic and freeing. You could do it when your house is quiet or while you're sitting in front of the T.V. You could make them as complicated or as simple as you like. You could express a feeling or an emotion through them or just have fun with no sense of direction.

I love photography and am so glad I discovered it just over a year ago, but I know there are many other forms of art I can try my hand at. So, as of today, I am going to begin my journey as a collage artist. There, I said it! Keep me accountable, o.k.?

What creative goals do you have for yourself this Summer?

Are you a mixed media or collage artist? Any helpful hints for us beginners? ;)

*** Btw, If you're looking for a way to be more creative that holds very little time commitment, think about joining our Creative Challenge Flickr. group! :)

16 comments:

  1. Oh my I think I know what to do with the very first rose my dear husband gave me twenty years ago. It has been kept pressed and safe in between Chambers Twentieth Century Dictionary ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. her work is so so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very peaceful and lovely collage. I've done a bit of collage, but not recently. You make me want to dip back into again. Have fun exploring new territory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you come up with, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her set "playing with the pieces" - thank you for sharing her work here.

    I've never been much on arranging things to be photographed, choosing to allow nature or circumstance to dictate composition. But these are wonderful and inspiring.

    Looking forward to seeing how you take on this new adventure, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a great sample of a collage it is so pretty. Well we will be looking for your newest attempts at collaging so just go for it. i'm sure they will be fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so cool, i looked at it and saw a victorian lady with this collection on her kitchen table sorting and orgainizing, planning something ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your encouragement everyone...now I definitely can't slack off. lol.

    I like your perspective on the collage, Twyla. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful collage. It's something I've been thinking about lately, but I've been too busy and/or chicken to give it a go. I'm feeling inspired now. I'll be checking in to see how YOU do before I attempt it though. No pressure! Hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good to be back so see your gorgeous work..fabulous collage Vicky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, my fantastic life....that's not fair! ha, ha. ;) I'll try to work on mine this weekend and have it posted sometime next week. Nope, no pressure here. lol.

    Thanks, sweet friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this collage is so beautiful...brings a sense of beauty, calm & gentleness! i've recently experimented with acrylics, flowers, my photos & found objects & it's just so cool! i've dried the orchids from my daughters wedding in june & can't wait to figure out how to use them. just waiting to be inspired! best wishes on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pat, I'm really glad you told us about your own collages. I'm inspired to add my own photos to my collages. I would love to see yours if you post them on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I so love wild goose chase. Her pieces are always so beautiful and jaw dropping. I used to do alot of collage / altered art and after seeing her stuff, I really would not mind doing what she does. Its just breath taking. Have a beautiful day.

    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Tia!

    I want to see your altered art...you ought to post it on your blog or put something together for the Creative Challenge group. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki