Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How About Orange Interview

Happy Tuesday! Welcome to Tuesday's "Colorful Finds". I'm excited that Jessica Jones from How About Orange agreed to be my guest today......especially since I'm a new blog and it won't bring her much exposure. ;) This is one gifted, talented lady! Enjoy her interview, artwork, and amazing designs!

Could you tell us a little about the background of How About Orange?
I started the blog as a way to share pictures of stuff I'd made, promote a future Etsy shop (if I ever got around to starting one), and serve as an online file cabinet for ideas and good things I'd found in the blogosphere. Lo and behold, I liked blogging, so I kept posting ideas and projects, and more and more people started reading.


• How did you come up with your name? (Which I love!)
I decorated our home office with orange accents, thinking orange would make me feel energetic and happy. When I needed to choose a name for my blog, I looked around the room, hoping an idea would pop out of thin air. I realized how much I really do like orange, since I used it in my office and my logo. "How about orange?" I thought. And then I decided to literally use that phrase, because it's unique and fun. And seriously, I think there should be more orange in the world. Especially houses and cars. Come on, people.


• What services do you offer?
Graphic design (printed things for companies, such as logos, business stationery, brochures, direct mail postcards, you name it) and surface design (patterns for fabric, designs for ribbon, plates, cups, anything that can have a design on it.)


• What is your favorite creative outlet?
Wow, that's a hard one. I love creating anything. A logo. A flower made out of a paper clip. (Actually I'm not sure you can do that. Hmmm. I should try.) It just depends on what I'm excited about at the moment. But I'll tell you one thing I'm NOT excited about. Pottery. I tried it in high school, and I was awful. I love other people's work, but I stink at it myself.


• What's your favorite color? (I'm guessing ORANGE!)
Nope. Black.


Just kidding. It's orange. But I rarely wear orange. I think I have 6 blue sweaters, and clearly this is a problem. More orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki