Monday, March 28, 2011

Whimsical Creations by Middleburg Folk Art Studio

Good morning! Are you ready for the new week ahead? Even though I work from home, Monday's are always a little slow-moving for me. I'm still yawning and rubbing my eyes and I've already been up for a few hours. lol.

It's been a few weeks since I've posted the work of a designer on Simply Hue, and when I spotted Middleburg, I knew it was time! Susan, it's creator, is a former art/creative director in advertising and now works as a full-time artist. A recent transplant from Illinois, she now resides in a 100 year old farm house in Snow Hill, North Carolina.

Her favorite medium is papier mache made with paper pulp, an 18th century technique of casting ornamentation. The pulp she uses is earth friendly coming from 100% recycled paper. Her work is inspired by history, antiques, and emotion.

You can find her whimsical one-of-a kind pieces every day in her Etsy shop and some fun vintage items in her vintage shop, The Barn at Middleburg. For unique old signs, visit Susan's husbands shop, Slippin' Southern.

Have a great new week, everyone! xo

3 comments:

  1. so cute! these are lovely.
    http://www.annawithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her work! She is already in my favorite on Etsy. That pig is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki