Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thinking About Going Retro......



You can find most of the furniture and accessories at Housing Authority and The Vintage Supply Company!

My husband and I are thinking of putting our home up for sale and moving in a few months. Right now we live in a 1918 Craftsman Bungalow and want to move into a condo near Lake Washington. Although the craftsman style has some really beautiful qualities (rich wood surfaces and earthy colors) I'd like to totally switch things up in our new home. I'm actually thinking about going RETRO! I love the look and colors of mid-century modern decor.

Are you a Mid-century Modern girl? If not, how would you describe your style?

5 comments:

  1. Vicki, Oh WHY must you choose??? You may or may not know this....but I actually have my degree in Residential Interior Design...so hopefully that will weigh in some on my comment? :P Anyway...I don't think you need to choose between the two. In my humble opinion....one should not have to choose between two looks; mix it up and do whatever you like. I live in a 1913 Craftsman myself and throw all kinds of funky stuff in to my mix...and it is great. I think that if you love it...it will work. Have fun with it; you have all the talent in the world to make it great! I look forward to seeing what you might come up with!
    :)
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, Kimberly. :) Love your thoughts on this, Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love your blog, My daughter just moved to my city and had nothing but her clothes. She brought her husband and 2 boys and we did their whole house RETRO. The pics are on my blog
    http://wwwdixie.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-daughters-vintage-home-update.html Ive added a lot more since these were taken, and will update it soon. Its a fun way to live! and if you like Craigslist, youll be able to find lots of things. (and goodwill and salvation army and thrift stores.) Hope you go that direction or at least for one room! Its so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Dixie...I'm off to take a look at your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki