Friday, September 24, 2010

Framed or Unframed?


Well, Happy Friday! How was your week? Mine was good, although I've been extra tired for some reason. What are your plans this weekend? Anything fun? I'm way behind on laundry and have some housework to catch up on (are we ever really caught up?) but also have plans to go see a play tomorrow in Seattle with my husband. It sounds like it's going to be an entertaining one! It's called "Wedding Belles" and it's about a bedraggled bride who is found stranded at an East Texas bus station in 1942. The determined ladies of the local garden club leap into action! They round up a wedding cake and a gown but still have to find a groom. We've heard it's really funny so we're looking forward to it! There's also a salmon event going on in Seattle (dinner for $10.00) so I think we'll be going to that before the play unless there's the torrential downpour the weatherman is predicting. ;)

O.k., I'll quit babbling and ask you which of the above photos you prefer...the framed version or the unframed version? Thanks so much for your input. I love reading your suggestions. They help me decide which version to sell in my shop. :)

Have a great weekend everyone!!! xo

12 comments:

  1. I love the version with the frame. It adds lovely balance to the composition - three spots of lovely teal color! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki! It's a really fab image -- I like it plain, but would add a "burn" to the edges.

    I also really like the framed version -- but somehow I find it a little flat....wanna add a shadow? or maybe if you burn the edges and have the border....

    Those are my 2c's....

    A great image tho' - it really caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I prefer the unframed one. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both... it's such a tough decision! I really love Andree's idea of burning the edges of the unframed on. It would give it some depth and additional texture.

    Excellent work!
    ~ Elizabeth
    www.to-be-charmed.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the framed version!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't decide. I like them both! Hey, let me know if they say what town in East Texas. I live in Tyler (Smith County), which is halfway between Dallas and Shreveport. We're called the Piney Woods region.
    Brenda
    http://afairyinmygarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. framed, here... love the image :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. O.k., now I'm confused! Ha, ha. I decided to sell one of each in my shop. ;) Thanks for your input everyone. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki