Monday, May 17, 2010

Photographer ~ Andrea McClain, McClain Creations







Her Shop ~ McClain Creations, Her Flickr ~ Andrea McClain, Her Blog ~ McClain Creations and Photography, Her Website ~ Andrea McClain Photography

"I am a mother to a teenage daughter and married to a wonderful man whom I love very much. My job is as a Kindergarten teacher. I just love teaching young children. It really is a joy to see them grow and learn.

I am self taught photographer. I enjoy taking all kinds of photos, but especially flower macros."



***********************

WHAT I APPRECIATE ABOUT ANDREA'S PHOTOGRAPHY:

I discovered Andrea's work about a year ago on Flickr. and was immediately drawn to her gorgeous floral and vintage images. I think she has some of the nicest vintage tones I've seen.

What about YOU? What do you appreciate about Andrea's work?

20 comments:

  1. Love the tones, the compositions, the beauty of simple things (the first one is just perfect!!). Thanks for sharing, Vicky, I'm visiting her FLickr right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i've admired andrea's gorgeous photos for the longest time! it's nice to think of her as a kindergarten teacher. i see her influence in your wonderful work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, pale colors and beautiful objects! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are stunning! i love the vintagey vibe fresh and nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her work is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see your comments for Andrea. :) Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the specificity of these photos. They are simple, but really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea has the ability to create whimsy from the most simplest things - I am an absolute admirer of her work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous images Andrea (as always)! *Love* your work!!! Congrats on the spotlight . . . it's so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These really are gorgeous tones. The still lifes are beautiful, but the portrait with the piercing eyes is a stunning standout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness.. i am such a HUGE fan of andrea's amazing work... what a most fabulous FEATURE... beautiful...
    'sigh'....xxo, kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so pretty! I love the lighting and the patterned fabrics here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love her dreamy tones! I've seen her stream often on Flickr and always admire it.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea is one of my all time Flickr faves. Beautiful florals, amazing portraits and a lovely sensitivity to color. Plus, she's a wonderful person! Love ya, Andrea! xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrea is such a gifted artist...I simply adore her work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki