Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Call for Children's Artwork!


This quote, from none other than Winnie the Pooh, caught my eye recently. I need to be reminded of these things more often than I like to admit. On the days when I feel more like Eeyore, the beautiful uplifting attitudes of Pooh inspire me to move forward with a sunnier outlook on life. Hope this quote will encourage you as much as it does me (if you know a child who can use a smile, this photo is for sale in my shop at a discounted price).

Before I log off for today I wanted to let you know of a wonderful opportunity for kids that will benefit wounded Marines.

HERE ARE THE DETAILS:

The Art for Wounded Warriors Program, run by the National Museum for the Marine Corps, is calling on young artists from across the country to submit their artwork to decorate recovery facilities and help brighten the spirits of wounded Marines.

“The wonderful support this program received in its first year was so heartening,” said Museum Director Lin Ezell. “We can’t wait to see what the young artists send us this year. It will surely help make the holidays much brighter for the wounded warriors recuperating in hospitals around the nation.”

Children who wish to participate should create a picture and write a supportive message on an 8 ½” x 11” piece of paper. Artists should also write their name, hometown, and grade level on the back of their pictures. The Museum will accept drawings, paintings, or colorings from children of all ages and abilities. All works of art must be submitted in a flat, rigid envelope postmarked by December 10, 2011. Artwork becomes the property of the Museum and cannot be returned.

MAIL ALL SUBMISSIONS TO:

The National Museum of the Marine Corps
Attn: Teacher- in- Residence
18900 Jefferson Davis Highway
Triangle, VA 22172-1938





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki